I know that a lot of you will be packing up your cars this summer and driving to your vacation destinations. So today, I’m making a list that may help organize you for a trip with your little ones with special needs.
The thing about my autistic children is that they are constantly changing. Things that they don’t like and things that they do. But here is my general list that you can use to help you organize each time before you start packing for a trip.
I usually save all of my lists in a binder too, that way I can kind of see what notes or additions I did to a prior trip or a trip similar from the year before.
Happy Travelling and Stay Safe!
Days on trip: _____ Hours in the Car: _____ Hours on the Plane: ______
Destination: Beach _____ Relative’s _____ Tourist _____ Mountains ______
- Pull-ups (diapers or underwear)
- Swim Diapers
- Floaties & Swim Toys
- Visual Book about your Trip
- Sensory Games
- Electronic Games
- iPhone (s)
- Travel Games http://www.abledlinks.com/resource-directory.php?cat=15&state=MO&p=2 This site has a lot of links that will help with ideas for Special Needs Children.
- Camera (s) or Camcorders
- Travel Apps on my Phone
- Don’t forget batteries, chargers, etc.. to keep everything charged.
- Travel TV with Educational Videos
- I usually freeze a gallon of milk or sweet tea to keep anything I need to keep cold.